Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mothers sure do know their children

Brings new meaning to the casual term, "I seen that hoe somewhere"...


HOOKER'S LAID BARE ON SHOW - MA RECOGNIZES 'HIDDEN' DAUGHTER
By CATHY BURKE

April 22, 2008 --

So much for the safety of shadows.
A Manhattan hooker interviewed by Diane Sawyer for an ABC special on prostitution was busted by her mom - who recognized her daughter, despite the network's efforts to disguise her.
"I'm mentioning the interview now because last night, I learned that my parents tuned in to ABC that fateful day and promptly recognized me, in spite of the silhouette, the altered voice, the distorted profile, the vague and thoroughly dated details," wrote the hooker, who blogs on wordpress.com under the name "debauchette."
"I received an e-mail from my mother saying that she knows. She saw the interview and decided to sit on this knowledge until she could see it again, and then she decided to contact me."
The blogger refused an interview with The Post.
"Unfortunately, while my mother knows about my other life, I still worry about being outed altogether and I don't think I have the strength for that risk right now," she wrote. "It's been a rough few days."
Debauchette signed her polite refusal "Jane."
The unapologetic hooker quotes her mom's distressed e-mail response - "I have to say that it wasn't a complete surprise . . . But I was in a state of denial." - and wrote that she was relieved that at least her mother wasn't angry or disgusted.
The unfortunate revelation didn't quell her passion for the job, however.
"Later in the day, I saw Gabriel . . . He told me to take my clothes off, and this made me smile . . . While we undressed, I thought about how good this is," she blogged.
Although ABC News caught some flak for its interview techniques during last week's debate between Democrats Sens. Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama, there was no hint of anger in debauchette's blog about Sawyer's grilling.
Not that she felt she won over the anchorwoman.
"Sawyer asked me about preserving the 'sanctity' of my body, as though sex without the imprimatur of love were inherently degrading," the blogger chides.
"I feel like I can only sigh, because I doubt I can begin to penetrate the many layers of misunderstandings and preconceptions, let alone that relentless working assumption that a woman's value as a human being decreases as she gains sexual experience."
A spokeswoman for Sawyer said she could "neither confirm nor deny" the identity of the blogger as the sex worker interviewed for the special, which aired in the wake of the prostitution scandal that forced former Gov. Eliot Spitzer out of office.

Couryesy of the New York Post

No comments: